Monday 6 July 2015

What was the initial motivation level of the students?

Let us understand, 'what is motivation?' 

Motive means greed. Motive means, 'I want to get something.'Same is ambition. Ambition is an enhanced form of motive. 'I want to get more and more.' That is ambition. Be it motive or be it ambition one thing is certain, you are saying that I want to get something, that I want to achieve something. 

You have been constantly told that there is something incomplete, that you are unworthy. From that feeling arises a sense of desire, a sense of greed and ambition. You say that because there is something lacking in me so I want to achieve it. 

'A part of me is missing. I am not yet worthy. I am not good enough so I must go and get it.' Obviously when you will go and get it, it takes time. So, all your motivation and ambition takes you to the future. It says that right now you are not alright, right now you are just not alright, you must work hard so that in future you must get something. That is the logic of ambition. Ambition is saying that if you get that , you will be happy two years later. You are feeling incomplete right now and if you get a job two years later, you will be complete, that is what ambition tells you. But still what is the quality of your mind right now? Unhappy. 

I am unhappy, ambition comes. Ambition says that you are unhappy, so go get a job. You will get a job you will become happy. But the job will come to you after two years. Now, if the job is coming after two years, can that make me happy right now? So, ambition is promising me happiness but a deferred happiness. It is a false medicine. If you say that I want to be ambitious, you are saying that I am sad. 

So, if the initial motivation level of was low, that was beautiful.

Q&A:

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_was_the_initial_motivation_level_of_the_students

No comments:

Post a Comment